- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained)
- heaping 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice
- 1 and 1/4 cups pitted dates
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp oats (You can omit if desired.)
- almond milk of choice as needed (depending on the consistency you want. I used a few tbsp.)
1. In a bowl, cover the dates with 1/4 cup water.
2. Then add all ingredients (including the dates’ soaking liquid), except chocolate chips, to a food processor (for best results, not a blender) and process until very smooth.
This can be served as a dessert dip, as a spread (maybe in between apple slices or crackers?), eaten with a spoon, mixed into oatmeal, stuffed into cupcakes, or even used to top pancakes!
Recipe adapted from: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/09/27/new-recipe-sugar-free-cookie-dough-dip/